Wound, Ostomy & Continence (WOC) Services
Meeker Memorial’s Wound, Ostomy & Continence clinic provides patients with a comprehensive, multidisciplinary team approach dedicated to ensuring clinically effective wound healing, ostomy care and teaching.
Our approach to care is designed to shorten the healing process, return to full life – sooner and avoid extensive travel for appointments.
As a patient in our Wound Clinic you can expect:
- A team approach and partnership with patient, family, and providers to identify causes and design treatment options for wounds
- Assessment and care by a board-certified advanced practice nurse (APRN) who has specialized knowledge and is a certified wound, ostomy and continence care nurse (CWOCN)
- Specialized therapies, including MIST Therapy – a noncontact low-frequency ultrasound, negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) and other healing modalities used in individualized treatment plans, advanced tissue options and total contact cast
- Counseling and emotional support
- Improved comfort and mobility
- Education and preventative care instruction
You care will be provided by a team of providers specialized in caring for people with wound, ostomy and continence concerns including:
- Pressure ulcers (bedsores) & pressure mapping assessment
- Chronic or non-healing wounds
- Wounds from surgeries that are not healing
- Venous disease-causing swollen legs and non-healing wounds
- Diabetes or other foot deformities, causing calluses, open wounds
- Frequent urination, loss of bladder or bowel control
- Problems with your ostomy, such as skin irritation, leaking and other concerns
- Minor burns and trauma
Our team of specialists, state-of-the-art diagnostic technology, surgical suites, wound and rehabilitation treatments offer you specialized procedures for your advanced wound treatment, ostomy, continence, vein, lymphedema and surgical needs right here at Meeker Memorial.
To schedule an appointment, patients will need a physician referral.