Education is key to controlling diabetes. At Meeker Memorial, we make it a priority to ensure you have the support and education you need.
In partnership with our friends at Carris Health, diabetes and nutrition services are provided to our patients at our clinics in Litchfield.
- Diabetes education, provided by a nurse/dietitian team, for those not yet taking insulin and for those who are just starting to use insulin
- Advanced Practice Professionals provide medication management along with diabetes complication risk assessment and management
- Basic and in-depth education programs on diabetes self-management and heart health, so you can confidently take control of your health
- Individualized treatment plans, created by nutritional counselors, that include meal planning, medications, exercising, testing blood sugar and coping with a different lifestyle
- Lifestyle change planning for patients diagnosed with prediabetes, a condition in which blood sugar levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be considered diabetes
- Consultation with pregnant women to ensure that gestational diabetes concerns are appropriately managed to ensure a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
Call our clinic today at (320) 693-3233 to schedule a visit with one of our educators.