Meeker Memorial’s Lactation Consultants are available to help you with breastfeeding concerns prenatally, during your hospital stay and after you go home with your baby. If you have questions, concerns or you are experiencing any difficulty with breastfeeding, help is available in the Breastfeeding Clinic at Meeker Memorial.
Our lactation consultants can help with the following:
- Prenatal breastfeeding consult
- Flat or inverted nipples
- Nipple or breast pain
- Latch on difficulties
- Plugged milk ducts or mastitis
- Milk supply (too much or too little)
- Breastfeeding a pre-term baby
- Breastfeeding a special needs baby
- Baby not gaining weight well
- Baby has sucking problems
- Difficulty with breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding multiples
- Returning to work or school
- Pumping or storing breast milk
- Testing pump function
- Crying or colicky baby
- Nursing an adopted baby
- Weaning baby from breastfeeding
Lactation Consultant Services are also open to patients who delivered at a hospital other than Meeker Memorial. Simply have your doctor fax a “referral to lactation” to (320) 373-3029.
Outpatient Breastfeeding Clinic is located on the 3rd Floor at Meeker Memorial Hospital. The Lactation Consultants can dispense a breast pump for home use available through your insurance or for purchase.
To schedule an outpatient appointment, ask your postpartum nurse to help schedule an appointment or call: (320) 373-3028.
Breastfeeding Clinic Team
- Heather Ziehl, RN, IBCLC
- Joanne Wesley, BA, IBCLC