Joyce Carlson, APRN, CNS, CWOCN
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care
Joyce enjoys tending to her flower gardens and grape vines in a vineyard that she and her husband, Tom, have established. She welcomes outdoor activities including stand up paddle board, yoga and hiking. Joyce looks forward to opportunities when she can spend time with her children and grandchildren.
- Establish relationships with patients and their caregivers to bring wellness and healing.
- Partner with persons who live with an ostomy and help them adjust to a new normal.
- Identify and address underlying causes of non-healing wounds in order to develop an effective treatment plan.
- Evaluation and treatment of pressure ulcers, the diabetic foot, diabetic foot ulcers, treatment of lower extremity venous disease and ulcerations, burns, surgical wounds that are not healing.
- Evaluate concerns with bladder and bowel control and skin issues as a result from loss of bowel and bladder control.
- Use advanced wound care modalities including use of skin substitutes, partial thickness skin grafts, and total contact casting system, negative pressure wound therapy, wound debridement, or removing unhealthy tissue from affected area to help promote healing.
ANCC: Adult Health Clinical Nurse Specialist; APRN; CNS
WOCNCB: Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse: CWOCN
Minnesota Board of Nursing: Registered Nurse
- Graduate School