Giving to our Foundation is simple
Your generosity makes an impact on the lives of our patients and their families. Every gift – no matter the size – goes a long way in helping the Meeker Memorial Foundation help the hospital deliver on the promise of its mission.
Ways to Give
Give by Mail
You can send your gift via mail at any time. You may designate your online gift to the fund of your choice or make a general gift to Meeker Memorial Foundation.
Mail your gift to:
Meeker Memorial Foundation
612 S Sibley Ave
Litchfield, MN 55355
Gift of Stock or Real Estate
You can give to the Foundation by transferring stocks, assets or investments, or by donating personal property and/or real estate. Closely held stocks (in a private business) can also be converted to a gift with possible tax benefits. Please contact us for more information at email@example.com or call (320) 693-4512.
Honor and Memorial Gifts
You gift can be given to honor and remember special people and significant occasions in life. Gifts may be made in honor of a loved one, nurse or physician. Gifts also may be made in memory of a loved one’s birthday, anniversary or other special occasion. It is a wonderful way to honor or remember someone while supporting a good cause.
Honor and Memorial Gifts may be directed to any fund, and an acknowledgment of the gift will be sent to the family of the person being remembered or to the person being honored.
Corporate or Matching Gifts
Own a business? If so, you can make a gift on behalf of your company. Some companies also develop matching gift funds to give employees an added incentive to participate in charitable giving. Please contact us to make a corporate gift at (320) 693-4500 ext. 4512 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Make a Planned Gift
Including Meeker Memorial Foundation in your will is a good option for people who are not able to give immediately or for people who want to continue to help make a difference for future generations. Donors who make planned gifts will be recognized as members of the Meeker Memorial Foundation’s Legacy Circle.
You can name Meeker Memorial Foundation as a beneficiary of your will, trust, retirement account plan or life insurance policy. Our Federal Tax ID number is 16-1738379.
Sample bequest language for an unrestricted gift:
I give [the sum, percentage, or description of property] to Meeker Memorial Foundation, Litchfield, Minnesota, to be used for its general tax-exempt purposes, but without other restriction as to use.
Sample bequest language for a restricted gift:
I give [the sum, percentage, or description of property] to Meeker Memorial Foundation, Litchfield, Minnesota, to be [used to support ______] or [to be added to the Meeker Memorial Foundation Endowment Fund].
Gifts from IRA Distribution
A popular, tax-smart option for giving is through a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA). To take advantage of this special opportunity, contact your IRA administrator today.
Here are some important notes and highlights of the law:
- The distribution must be made from a traditional or Roth IRA. Other retirement accounts, such as those under 401(k), 403(b), or 401(a) plans, are not eligible.
- You must be at least 70-1/2 years of age when the distribution is made.
- You can give up to $100,000 per year without including the distribution in your gross income. Married couples may be able to give up to $200,000. Amounts given count toward your annual required minimum distribution.
- Distributions cannot be made to private foundations or donor-advised funds under this provision. Recipients must be qualified public charities like Meeker Memorial Foundation.
- The distribution must be made directly from the IRA administrator to Meeker Memorial Foundation or other qualified public charity (rather than to you).
- Gifts under this provision must be made outright and cannot be used for any quid pro quo benefits or to establish a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust.
Because circumstances may vary from person to person, donors should discuss plans with a professional tax advisor.
For additional information, please contact the Foundation (320) 693-4512 or by email at email@example.com.