Meeker Memorial Foundation
Meeker Memorial Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Meeker Memorial Hospital & Clinics (MMH), was established in 2005 with the sole purpose of connecting donors, community members, and philanthropic resources to advance health, wellness and healthcare in Meeker County.
Join our growing family of donors by making a gift today!
Since 2005, the Foundation has engaged donors and community members and raised more than $2 million in philanthropic resources in support of MMHC. Foundation funds have been used in the following ways:
- More than $1.2 million raised as part of the “Invest in the Future” Capital Campaign for the hospital expansion project completed in 2010.
- More than $18,000 raised to help with upgrades in MMH’s Specialty and Oncology Clinics – all focused on enhancing patient experience and access to care.
- More than $23,500 raised to help upgrade equipment for MMH’s Cardiac Rehabilitation program.
- Grant funding of $10,000 for MMH’s Wound Clinic to help with the purchase of a new MIST Therapy machine – a non-contact low-frequency ultrasound, negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT).
- Grant funding of $2,000 to MMH’s Pediatric Rehabilitation program for the purchase of a new Rifton Adaptive Tricycle.
- Grant funding of $4,500 to MMH’s Rehabilitation Services Department for vision therapy
- For the last decade, annual funding (approximately $3,000 each year) of Meeker County Sheriff’s Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) program.
- Establishing, and growing, an Endowment Fund that will serve as a permanent resource and help ensure local access to state-of-the-art health care for generations to come.
- Established the Employee Scholarship Fund and funded more than $5,400 in scholarships in 2018 and 2019.
- Raised more than $115,000 to help bring 3D mammography to Meeker Memorial Hospital.
Priorities until 2022: Grow the Foundation’s Endowment to $1 million to better serve the needs of our hospital, our patients, and our community.
Gifts – no matter the size – to Meeker Memorial Foundation are tax-deductible and have an impact on the lives of patients at Meeker Memorial Hospital & Clinics. With your support and generosity, we can continue to deliver on the promise of our mission and provide Care as it should be.
Foundation Board of Directors
The Foundation is grateful for the leadership provided by members of our Board of Directors.
Judy Hudson – Board Chair
Mark Wood – Vice Chair
Ann Leitch – Director
Lyle Hicks – Director
Kiza Olson – Director, MMHC Governing Board Rep
Kurt Waldbillig – CEO, Meeker Memorial Hospital & Clinics